Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Heart Behind Romance

For Valentine's Day this year, all I wanted was to see someone receive a HUGE, romantic gesture. I'm perfectly happy and content to be without any plans of my own, but I did in fact, want to see a friend or someone get flowers for the first time, or be so spoiled for the day. Something like that.

Today, as I made my way to the wards, I saw an old couple walking hand in hand. The woman was especially frail, and bald underneath her little knit cap too. And yet, they walked together slowly, as if they had all the time in the world to spend together. I walked slowly behind them for a while, simply so touched by witnessing a love so pure. The woman then turned and smiled at me, asking if I wanted to get ahead of them. I didn't want to, but I did since they moved aside anyways. They both had the most beautiful smiles stretched across their faces, and I couldn't help but smile back at them and wish them a nice day.

I didn't actually expect much out of this desire to witness a hugely romantic act this Valentine's Day, but what I received, though a day early, was much much more than I expected.

I am so so blessed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment