Friday, November 22, 2013

The Beautiful Things

God promised me once, that my life would always be filled with beautiful things. :)

Since then, He has kept so true to that promise and I find myself constantly in awe of His splendour around me. See, I don't think it's so much what is around me that has changed than it is my (new) perspective over everything in this life. Beauty is everywhere, and attainable for anyone who has the courage to pursue it.

I like an old story I heard once about two old men talking, and the first said, "I can't see God anywhere."  The other man paused and replied, "I have a different problem. I can't stop seeing God everywhere I go." 

I see God in the beautiful things of this world. I see Him in a breathtaking landscape, which I like to affectionately refer to as Him just showing off. I see Him in creativity, passion, love, peace, and hope. I see Him in the resilience and quiet strength of a person's soul when they go through hell-ish circumstances, I see Him in the way two strangers become friends. I see Him in every bit of grace in this world, each smile, each kind word and each moment of pure joy.

And as I learn to recognize more of the beauty in my every day, I see more of His glorious hand prints everywhere. :)

God is so good to me, simply because I have learnt to see that He is, and always will be. :) 

Blessed,
Dice

No comments:

Post a Comment