Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014

It didn't feel the same as last year.

Last year, I was so ready and felt completely prepared to leap into the new year. I was eager for the new, the change, the better.

But.. this time, as praise went on in church during Thanksgiving service, I realised that I was still holding on to 2013, too afraid to let go.

Perhaps it was just a feeling I couldn't shake for some reason. Perhaps too much had happened in the span of this one year and it was merely overwhelming me then. Perhaps it was because there are many changes to be expected next year, as well as many new challenges to undertake. Or perhaps, it were the echoes of the future that I've been feeling in my spirit, and the fear of the unknown.

I closed my eyes and prayed.

And then this memory came to mind - while I was on holiday in Bali with my family, we visited a temple with an incredible sea view that came along with aggressive monkeys infamous for grabbing people's things. Personally, I have a huge dislike for monkeys after having been chased by one many years before, so I did not look forward to this experience at all. Upon entering this place, all us girls in the family wanted to stick close to my dad, because we were sure that being close to him in a monkey-infested area meant we'd be safe, and protected, and that there would be absolutely no need to fear as long as we could hold on to him.

Likewise, my Heavenly Father was assuring me that I could stick close with Him throughout 2014, and no matter what it was that scared me or wanted to break me in this time, He would fight them off for me and remain by my side to walk with me always. I just have to keep looking forward and bravely continue going.

...

I'll be okay. :) I'll be okay.

2014.. is going to be even better still.

Blessed New Year,
Dice

No comments:

Post a Comment