Monday, August 20, 2012

Safety

"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress;
In Him I will trust."

Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

Because you have made the Lord who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your habitation,
No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
They shall bear you up in their hands,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him.
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation."
- Psalm 91

Bill Johnson once talked about what he does when he goes through great troubles and disappointments, confusion. He said - "I read the psalms, until I find a psalm that mirrors my emotions, and then I know that I'm home."

I found this Psalm yesterday that spoke to me so greatly, and I thought I'd share it with you. :)

But anyways, I haven't been blogging much lately cause I decided a month ago to take a month long break from blogging, and pen down my thoughts physically instead. It went really well, but yea, I'll still be updating this page every now and again if I decide it's worth typing out still after writing it down.

I've got heaps of new stories to share, so stay tuned! But for now let me share this.
For a really long time now, I've been holding God to His promises, things like healings and breakthroughs that I believed were specifically promised to me. Along the way, I just wanted His promises to come through because I wanted to see manifest the truth, that my God keeps His promises. I didn't want to doubt that He does. Pastor Russell was very encouraging and spot on about this that day though, he said, "God doesn't need you to make excuses for Him. All He asked for was that you believe."

One of the incidents that happened during this season of my life was that Crisis Home was given a few eviction notices, whereby DBKL (the council) wanted to kick all the residents out of their home on the claim that it was an unauthorised drug rehabilitation facility. In case you didn't know, Crisis Home houses men who may have made mistakes in the past but are now completely changed by the love of God. Truly, when you encounter the enormity of the love of God, nothing will ever be the same again. So anyways, as Uncle Isaac, who heads the home, was struggling through this trial, I went back to specifically this verse.

"For the Lord will not forsake His people, for His great name's sake, for it has pleased the Lord to make you His people."
- 1 Samuel 12:22

There was in me a confidence that nothing bad was going to happen. I knew deep down in my spirit that God will not forsake His people. Things did seem to get worse though, but by this incredible miracle by God's amazing grace, someone from DBKL went to view the home on a surprise visit and decided that they were just an ordinary family living together and that the case should be closed. Just like that, a 5 year battle was won.

Like how good is God??? :)

Call it a coincidence if you will, but from where I stand, it looks like coincidences never stop happening in the lives of prayerful Christians. God is just so good. :) And I know, that the rest of my promises are underway. I'm just growing too much in this season, because opposition will grow you like nothing else will. The most massive of characters are seared with scars right? Don't worry too much about me though, life is tough, but I'm hanging in there. Life is hard, but God is good. :)

Stay tuned for more testimonies! I know they're coming! :D

Love ALWAYS,
Dice

No comments:

Post a Comment