Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fighter

"So no, I can't let that fighting spirit die. Not even if I have to fight like hell to keep that fighting spirit alive.

I cannot let myself be defined by the voices of those around me. I cannot afford to.
My only identity should come from the voice of God, telling me I am precious, I am fearfully and wonderfully made, I am loved.

I cannot run from my problems, I need to find the courage to face them, and start dealing with it from the bottom.

I cannot keep believing the lies intended to bring me down.

I cannot break down, and I won't.

I will fight."

- December 2011

Thank you for that, I really needed it. 
And thank you God, for leading me to the words of that young girl, maybe I am still more like her than I thought. But I know that You will pull me through, just as You pulled her through whatever it was she was going through then. I know that You are a faithful God. And I know, that if You are on my side, I need not fear anything at all. :) 

"I call out the fighter in you. Don't give up now, for I never once stopped believing that you would be victorious."
- Papa, at Carer's Discipleship


"The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the path of righteousness
For His name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
Your rod and Your staff, 
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me 
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord,
Forever."
- Psalm 23

Greater things are yet to come,
Dice 

No comments:

Post a Comment