Monday, January 7, 2013

Some More Stories

"What is the life you want? You choose it with every breath."
- Jon Foreman

I spent my first week of 2013 in back to back vacations across Malaysia, from Sitiawan, Perak, to Johor and Malacca. I have loved staring outside the window towards my Creator's masterpiece, of mountains in the distance, trees standing strong and an overwhelming sense of beauty and serenity. I am thankful to have begun the year in such a way, just so in love with life, and life all around me.

Sitiawan is a small town I never knew existed till living with a housemate from that area. I loved being able to escape the city life for a bit though, the cars, the tight spaces, to see things like rubber trees, rambutan trees and how people make kompiangs and be amazed. There is something about small towns and the lives of people with simpler lifestyles that moves me in captivation. And today, I had this thought, that God will use anything around me to remind me of the call and purpose He has designed into my heart. Even a spontaneous trip to a little town in Perak. :)

...

With a new year, comes the risk of comparison. As I move and think about where I stand and where I want to be this time next year, I find myself falling into that trap. I find myself comparing with others who have been more successful than me in various areas. Yet, in a moment of surrender today, I realised that it's okay to lose sometimes, because it is far better to lose the battle and win the war. In running alongside people and looking at their race, I have forgotten to keep my eyes on my race alone, at the pace and timing that He has determined for me. And to lose sight of my passions, my heart, the experiences I have been generously blessed with, all because it seemingly did not match up to that of those around me, that would have been a real pity.

The only truth I need to know is this - that God makes everything beautiful in His own time. :)

...


I leave you with this, a random picture of me holding my prized reward that I cut off the tree with a massively long stick thing. This reminds me that there are beautiful adventures out there, seeking people  who are brave and curious enough to pursue them and live it out. :) 

Love,
Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment