Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Because He Said So

Today, as I sat and worried about how I would get to the hospital for my 7am surgical rounds, I realized this..

 My God will provide.

He hasn't failed me yet, and time and time again He has been so so faithful to me. I would even go so far as to say that He spoils me. :) On numerous occasions already has He stepped in and provided in very subtle ways exactly what I needed, be it finances, food, items, listening ear, new challenges.. I'll never forget the time I had such a crappy day and my bag was becoming extremely dirty and tatty, and that day itself, Dys decided to bless me with a brand new bag and an encouraging letter.

And just being in Frankston now makes me feel like.. He thought of me so much, because the longer I spend there, the more I realize that it is the perfect place for me to be now. Competition between students are heaps less, and I am able to learn things slowly and at my own pace, and people are so so friendly. Furthermore, I worried for a bit about making new friends too but never even raised that to God, and yet.. He provided extravagantly once more.

My point is.. I'm learning to believe for bigger things yet at the same time being content with what He gives me. I am already so blessed to have a carpool going on. Maybe throughout the year, He'll send someone to bless me with a car. Or if not, perhaps He will provide people for me to meet as I journey there by other means, people to inspire or be inspired by.

This I know, He will provide.
And though I know not yet how, this is enough reason for me to rejoice and give thanks for. :)

"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to your stature?

So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field; how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Therefore, do not worry, saying "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we wear?" or "What shall we drink?" For after all these things the Gentiles seek. 

For your Heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these will be added unto you."

- Matthew 6:25-33

In the one month plus that I have been living in 2013, and especially since I got back into routine, I've been sensing that this year will be a year of favour and change. I feel amazing right now, like I literally feel that I'm walking in God-ordained steps and enjoying His promises every step of the way, even when things don't go the way I expected them to. And I feel like things are just going to snowball and amaze me even more with each new day. My God is so good to me. :)

Tis' gonna be a good year, and I declare that over your life too. :)

With much love,
Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment