Monday, October 29, 2012

Gonna Make You Stronger

Perhaps the last emotion on my mind this afternoon was to be thankful. Frustration definitely, anger maybe a little.. but thankfulness.. nah.

Still, this shows that I have so much more to learn about life, and God. To understand that His plans for me really are for good and not to harm me.  A friend described today her much more unfavourable conditions and confidently said at the end "but I still choose to praise God".

Conviction washed over me like a flood. How often had I immediately turned to blame Him when something bad happened to me? And after all, today could have gone much much worse for me. What happened to the spirit in me that used to love singing "blessed be Your name even when there's pain in the offering"? So I walked home alone, singing softly "Joy unspeakable that won't go away, with just enough strength to live for the day, so I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring cause my faith is on solid rock, I'm counting on God." I sang until my pain was replaced with joy, and hurt with lasting peace. God is good, and attitude really is everything. Now my focus is back on tomorrow and scoring the best that I can, instead of on my regrets from today.

And once more, I remember that I am highly favoured and blessed beyond measure.

Today, I am thankful for precious girls I live with who all helped me practice my OSCE's even till late in the night. I am thankful for friends that pray with me before exams and for those who encourage me afterwards, reminding me that God is still good and that tomorrow will be a better day. I am thankful for kind acquaintances who offer a hug just because they thought you could use one. Most of all, I am thankful for a God who believes in me and is always looking out for me.

I am thankful. :)



So blessed,
Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment