Monday, April 22, 2013

Brokenness

The past few days.. have shown me how broken this world really is. People can be so broken inside that it comes out as hate, anger.. indifference. Too many lives have been robbed away maliciously over the past week or so, and it really broke my heart like never before. Maybe.. this has been going on for as long as mankind existed yet only in light of recent events have my eyes been opened. Maybe.. this is what it's like to have my heart break for what breaks His.

What now? After all these tears shed for people I don't even know, how can I forget, how can I possibly move on when people are still suffering? How do I allow myself joy when somewhere else, pain is all that exists?

I really don't know.

This I do know, that I cannot forget. But I can keep hoping.


To all the victims and friends and families of victims of the bombings in Boston and Iraq, 
To Hui Ying and Hui Wei,
To victims everywhere else of injustice and blind hatred,
To victims of the earthquake in China too,

You are not forgotten, and tonight I remember each of you in my prayers. Take heart, for God is with you and He will fight for you. I pray you find healing and peace in this time of grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment