Friday, October 18, 2013

Every Day Is Beautiful

Today, I talked to Bo* because I wanted to perform an examination on him but had to build rapport first as he appeared slightly grumpy. After some small talk, he invited me to sit and we chatted on until he had to go to radiology, at which point he asked me to come back later. I bumped into him on my way back down and promised him I would go and see him again next week. :)

Today, I presented what little I examined of Bo* to an intern, and he got such a kick out of hearing what little I found considering Bo and I talked more than I examined. He kept smiling as I talked, cause what I missed out in investigations I made up for in theory. "You noted he didn't have an IV line.. but if you had more time to look, you would have found the huge vascular catheter in his chest." Anyways, we both enjoyed that.

Today, I saw the patient who nurses have been saying are very grumpy and non-compliant. I had that same impression of him when I first met him as well, but somehow.. every time I smile at him, that frown just becomes a really nice and big, beautiful smile. LOVE moments like that! SUCCESS! Hahah.

Today, I saw another kind-faced patient. There's just so many of them at Frankston, faces I collect in my memory. This man was in bed with high flow oxygen on and in atrial fibrillation, yet he just maintained this cheerful character about him as doctors were talking to one another about what to do next.

It's amazing how these are the little things that make me feel that there is an inexhaustible beauty in this world, the small things that make up the big things that make up each day. There is more to fall in love with every day that I continue to live. :)

Also, on a side note, I find it so funny that my friends, especially Ken and Jay, no longer get excited when I tell them I met a nice guy. Their response now is always immediately "so how old was he this time?". Haha, according to them, I like old men.

Which, as far as strangers with kind faces, friendly greetings and so much life in their eyes go.. they're probably right. :P

May you see more beauty in the world you live in as well. :)

Love,
Dice

No comments:

Post a Comment