Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Not Yet Enough


While on the train to the city today, I overheard a little girl speaking to her mother in Chinese. Her mother was explaining to her that people were going different places, and some to the sea.

Her childlike reply was innocent and excited, "I want to see the sea too!"
"But you've seen the sea before, haven't you?"

"I want to see the sea again, because I have not seen enough of it yet."

I was pleasantly surprised to realize just how much those sentiments reflected my own.

She continued to speak to her mother about little girl things, and I looked out the window and caught a short glimpse of the ocean, a gorgeous shade of green with its waves crashing violently against the shore as the storm provoked it. It was so breathtakingly beautiful.

The best things in life really are free. I only wish I took a bit more time today to get off the train and really savour the sound of the waves and the wetness of the sea on my feet.

I complained quite a bit about the storm and the wind in Melbourne today.. but had I not stopped grumbling and chose to see with different eyes, I would have missed a precious sight - the world around me different, yet still altogether beautiful.

Love,
Dice

No comments:

Post a Comment