Sunday, March 23, 2014

Carried By The Wind

I used to think that my youth would last forever. 
And yet I see in clinics, the patients that become weaker, sicker as they age. I see that undeniable journey through life and realize that this is the youngest I will ever be again. It's amazing to look back and reflect on how much I have changed in the past five years alone and now find myself here, on the journey of reaching adulthood by the standards of the world. I gotta admit, it can get a bit.. claustrophobic, for lack of a better word. Who knows when their last day might be, and when time might run out?

I used to think that I'd always sail through life.
And yet I'm learning that though favour and talent may be on your side, nothing compares to good old hard work.

I used to think that it was easy to be happy all the time, and to live a passionate life.
And yet I'm starting to understand why people grow harder and more cynical as they age, and every day has become somewhat a battle to fight the flow of the ordinary and press on to the dreams in my own heart.

I used to worry a lot less.
And yet I do worry more now. Is this what it means to grow up?

Sometimes, I tell myself that I don't want to grow up. Perhaps because it scares me, perhaps because the weight of responsibility can be such a heavy one to bear.
And yet.. how much more could a grown up with the believing heart and idealisms of a child do?

I think the key is this - to let His wind carry me through. To keep my eyes on the One who put those dreams there as I press on towards the goal. To seek His strength and His comfort when the streams dry up, and to always, always, fight to live an extraordinary life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment