Sunday, October 30, 2011

Baptism 301011

I did it! Finally, baptised in water as a public declaration that I believe there is salvation through Jesus Christ. :) and it feels awesome, i feel awesome right now. hahah.

Going in the water was a surreal experience, and even the entire time leading up to it. I was praying while waiting my turn, speaking in tongues, praying for the Holy Spirit to move powerfully in the service. I am also so thankful to Nicole who offered me a hug as I cried and for praying with me, believing with me and standing in the gap with me as an extra prayer warrior. And to have so many people I love there as I was immersed, to have them praying together with the pastor upholding me to the kingdom of God.. supernatural indeed. :) I guess my only regret was not having my whole family there too, like my dad, mum and ta jie, but still.. an immense honour to have bea che and my second family there for me. In retrospect, I'm glad I got baptised today and not any other time. :)

And to immortalize their beauty..


These are the GORGEOUS flowers I got today from my sister, chris and sam, my urban life (i think), and gladys! :) Thanks heaps guys, they are so beautiful! :D

Still, I think the part of today that seems so embedded in my mine was watching qui get baptised. I rushed into the baptismal part of first service to see him get baptised (lucky he was first) and managed to get there in time. Man, the atmosphere was incredible! God's presence was so thick in that place and as I stood alongside urbies to pray for him from the side as he got baptised, it was just so amazing i can't even describe it. The God in that moment, i tried to think of another word, but it seemed only 'God' befitted how supernatural that moment was. but yea, the God in that moment.. just.. brought tears to my eyes. It was such a moment of honour and faith and the overflowing of the goodness of God. just.. wow.

but yea, had an amazing AMAZING time. :)

much blessings,
candice

No comments:

Post a Comment