Friday, October 21, 2011

train therapy

There's something about long train rides that soothe me, and bring me peace. I'm typing this as I sit at huntingdale station tonight, a quiet night so far, awaiting the train. And most of the time, I love being surrounded by people, friends, family, but some moments, I like spending alone, on a long train ride, especially when I have not yet even decided on my destination. Not all who wander are lost. :)

But for now, the world is still, and all is good. I'm not scared, anxious or stressed, like I've been the past week and will be next week. It's funny how in the simplest of moments, God chooses to reveal His beauty and presence to me. That a bench by the train tracks is not a place He will not go to spend time with His daughter. I'm here listening to words on my music player like "but the voice of truth tells me a different story, but the voice of truth, says do not be afraid, and the voice of truth, says this is for My glory, out of all the voices calling out to me, I will choose to believe the voice of truth" and "You tore the veil, You made a way, when You said that is done", I feel myself really listening to the words He chooses to speak to me instead of passing them by like I've been doing all week, letting my worries cloud my faith.

Anyways, the train is here, and I'm gonna enjoy the bliss of my long, quiet train ride, proof to me there's still much beauty in the little things in life. :)

Much love and blessings,
Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment