Tuesday, October 25, 2011

a time of 'becoming'

check out what i went through today. :P

http://hammeredwoundsplasterednails.xanga.com

well from the obvious first, gosh i used to be such a geeky figure. hahahha.


like.. spot me. hahahh the NERDIEST looking one there.

but then again, it's not like i turned out all that much better. hahhaha.


but, jokes and stupitness aside, it's pretty surreal reading the words of 13 year old me, surprised at the relationship I already had with God then, just completely forgot i met Him that early on in my life. and yea, i'm reading myself tell lame jokes and do 'XD', which i so don't do anymore, and i'm pretty amazed at how far i've come. guess 13 year old me never thought i'd actually make it to nearly 18. which is still, in the words of everyone around me, SO YOUNG. hahahha. sometimes i feel like an old soul in a young body. sometimes. ;) anyways, it was nice to re-read those posts and see how my life had unfolded since, realize the new friendships i have forged and treasured since, watch the family ties grow and remain strong despite circumstances and above all, reminisce about how far i've come with God, and feel how much stronger my love for Him now is than it used to be, from spending more time with Him through various circumstances over the years and know without a doubt, that there's still so much further for me to go. :) life's been good. :)

and so, here's to the 23 year old candice that will one day be sitting down (hopefully preparing to graduate from uni already) reading this, and saying the same thing all over again. may you have a nicer picture of yourself then, but more so, have more stories of love, hope, life and faith to share. :)

love,
candice

4 comments:

  1. Haha, you've got such a cute description of yourself in your old blog. "I'm super hot" I went WTH straight away. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah please tell me you read till the end. :P i was such a nerd la! *blushes from embarassment*

    but i turned out pretty alright right? RIGHT?

    and aww to you still reading my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and.. i suppose a part of me did enjoy playing dress up and with makeup eventually. :P but first love will always be mud, grass, sweat. :) WHEN WE GONNA DO THAT AGAIN? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, of course I read til the end. you should be proud that you were a nerd! Hoho. You should still be one me thinks. :)

    Meh, you turned out oh-so-nice. ..

    Of course it's okay to grow up and enjoy dressing up etc. Guys enjoy it sometimes too :P And we'll definitely find somewhere in Malaysia to play baseball again!

    ReplyDelete