Monday, December 19, 2011

courageous


I watched courageous today, and man, it was SO GOOD! such a beautifully done movie, definitely a great watch. I loved watching the faith of men in this show, a pure passion for God so rare amongst men, or in this show, fathers. There were so many amazing things I learnt from the movie, but I guess the most timely and important one was from this.

"Pastor: Well, you can be angry with God at the time you didn't get with her, or be grateful for the 9 years you did have with Emily."

I immediately thought of my results, and how upon knowing I made it through this year onto the next, my first reaction was still to be angry at God for the even better grades I did not receive.

Pop, I'm so sorry I got angry at You, and I see now that it was already such a blessing that You have brought me thus far. I will choose to believe that You're preparing my heart for even greater by starting me off with the small ones. I will be faithful in these, I promise. Thank You for being so kind Daddy, for not turning away even when I said hurtful things, for holding me through this year although so often, I didn't deserve it. No, I don't deserve a God like You. So graciously, thank You Pops, I love You heaps. :)

I've had a friend tell me once that she wanted to keep her twilight book collection for her children, something to pass along to them. Admittedly, we all have these things we want to share with our future loved ones. So, for the future guy in my life, wherever you are now, know that it's this movie! :P

Feeling better,
Candice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment