Monday, February 13, 2012

adventure


*photo courtesy of robinwong.blogspot.com*

Today as I was looking for attractions in KL I came across this place called 'Carey Island'. It was described such - PULAU Carey is famous for two things – great seafood and the indigenous Mah Meri (pronounced Mak Mri) people who have a reputation for some of the world's finest wooden masks. Hahah I suggested it for a KIASU outing but since it was so last minute and there were not enough of us for a new adventure, we put it into the bucket list. But reading all the reviews about this place, especially from the website which I got the picture from (sorry the picture doesn't show the place much, it just looked nice :D ), I actually think I'd have liked to have gone there for a first date. Hahah, I've had this conversation with various people countless times and thought about the ideal first date, and I think 67km out of Port Klang to talk to natives about their lives would have been pretty darn amazing. If it's anything like my imagination that is. But maybe that's why I shouldn't go there, what if it's not at all how I imagined the place? What if it is just a boring, dirty, deserted, dodgy place? Hahah ah well, one day I'll know I suppose.

I really just love going on trips where I get to meet people, and see the way they live, and experience a whole new environment. I loved that about Kota Bahru, getting to talk to the various uncles and aunties there, and really for a moment seeing life through different eyes, their eyes. I love the idea of meeting strangers and sharing in their joys for that fragment of my day. I love being in new places with unexpected adventures. I suppose that that is what I attempt to achieve with my end-of-the-line trips. I don't think I'm very good at talking to people I don't know yet, and I always get told off from my mum for doing that because it can in fact be very dangerous, but I do hope I get better at it someday. Or find someone braver than me to go along so I eventually pick it up too.

But for now, even peaceful train rides are enough to soothe and bring joy to my soul. Thank You Lord for that. :)

So yea, other than noting down how I'd love to visit Carey Island one day, I've been thinking about going back to Aus a lot. For weeks now the phrase "you'd think this would get easier" has been playing in my head like a broken record. Maybe it's cause this time home, I actually got to learn a lot, realize there are friends I can count on that I never really did before, experienced things and had a pretty darn good holiday. This trip, I got to cross the Thai border with friends not passports, pray in my garden with girls that I love, drive more, be a total couch potato, have ups and downs with the family that I wouldn't trade anything for, and despite the occasional bad circumstances and memories, I feel really.. loved. I think one thing I got to remember/re-learn, is that I am cherished by the people around me, and it's something I kinda forgot.

Okay I stopped typing about forty minutes ago so I'll just end here.

Oh just a final thought: I spent today last year on a plane embarking on my biggest adventure ever, and I'm gonna spend today with some people I love. Wonder what I'll be doing next year? Hahaha anyways, for you couples out there, Happy Valentine's Day! :) Oh and today as I was washing the dishes, I suddenly smiled at the random-est thought of either Gene or Wen Shi nervously preparing for first dates in the future where I (and the one not going on the date) can sit back, laugh, pick the right shirt, give untested advice and wish him all the best. :) I am definitely excited for what 2012 will bring me. :)

Love heaps,
Dice

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha you silly girl. Stop imagining Gene and I on dates! I'll bring her to watch a movie just to annoy you. :P but... I'll probably lose her by doing that hmm. or maybe not!

    ReplyDelete