Tuesday, February 7, 2012

find your inner passion and follow it fierce

Watched a piece on MagSeven (NTV7) today that I found very moving and inspiring! I tried to find the video/photos of it on www.tonton.com.my, but I couldn't. Anyways, here's the gist of it.

It was about this man who had a daughter with a cleft lip. *I missed some bits here* He was quite upset about it, wondering why he had a daughter like that or something, but eventually got over it. Then one day to cheer her up after she'd been put through countless operations, he dressed up as a clown and managed to make her really happy. He soon decided to become a clown full-time after.

From then began an uphill climb of making it as a clown and gaining respect for his career choice from his family and friends. It was an inspiring story truly, that continued with his wife and children and two other neighbourhood kids joining his act, making a family of clowns.

And toward the end of the segment, it showed Mamat and his youngest son performing in the hospital for sick children, a place which had in the past, brought much dread to his young daughter. It was such a beautiful sight, it moved me to near tears. Someone like him, who just wanted to bring joy to the world the way he brought joy to his daughter once a long time ago, got to see his dream come true (once again) in a hospital ward, where every smile on the faces of those sickly children reminded him of why he chose this path. As laughter filled the air and toothy grins lit up the faces of the young patients there, I realized a deep admiration I had for Mamat. And in fact, any person who would choose to spend a lifetime bringing joy to others, out of the pure satisfaction of knowing that because of him, someone breathed a little easier that day. I like how the narrator put it (I kinda failed to get it verbatim but basically..) - "Facing life challenges at such a young age can be tiring for anybody. Sometimes they need to get away, and take a break from it all. That is what the clown family is for."

I think I'd like to try that one day. :) Being a full on clown for an audience in need of cheering up, just at least once. This is going on my bucket list! :)

To find your passion and follow it fierce, that truly is.. nothing short of remarkable. Thank you Mamat, for inspiring me today. :)

Moved,
Candice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment