Thursday, November 1, 2012

You Can Only Dream Too Small

Dreaming can be a very lonely experience. 

But I remember telling myself all throughout my teen years that I refuse to one day wake up an 80-year old woman and realize that the dreams I had as a young woman of God never ever amounted to anything more than being just dreams.

But I remember one of my all-time favourite quotes, adapted from a book I read recently entitled Safely Home. It reminds me that every time I think my dreams are too far out of reach, God simply says no, they're just too small. I love what Pastor Rudy reminded us of also:

Romans 11:29 
- "For the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable".

So, find a dream that's worth fighting for, and don't ever give up on it.
Find something that you are head over heels in love with, passionate for, and then live it out. Design their reality.

A reminder, of why I do what I do. 
(P.S: I actually am in this picture, just lost behind the crowd middle right)

If not me, then who? If I don't reach out to them with the gifts I have been given, then who will?

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their mind wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
- T. E Lawrence

I believe in my dream. :) And I believe in yours too. Go for it. :)

Blessings,
Dice

No comments:

Post a Comment