Monday, March 18, 2013

Nana


Meet Nana. :) She's AMAZING. 

I met her last year in Papua New Guinea where we became quick friends. She slept in the bunk below me, and I have such fond memories of, and with her. She made my sandwich lunch for me like 3-4 / 5 times a week because she usually got up first and then gave me that few extra minutes of precious sleep. She taught me about different drugs as we packed medicine from the storage room into the bags for transport into the villages. We used to have such good talks on the deck of the ship, or in the Mess Hall as I ate my instant noodles and she her gluten free bread. She even generously let me use her vomit bucket when I had to throw up after a rough night on the sea.

I am so thankful that even after almost 9 months since that trip, we still call each other every now and again to talk about how our lives have been since, that we are even better friends now than we were then. I am thankful to have been remembered this afternoon and surprised with a lovely long chat with my good old friend.

She'll be going on her DTS soon, and in a few more months, back to Papua New Guinea. While I am so super jelly (and she knows this too), I am so so proud of her for giving everything that is familiar for the cause of Christ, for the dreams that He placed in her heart for His people. And I am as excited as I am proud to see what God is going to do in her life over the next few months.

Were it not for PNG, we would have probably never met, much less became good friends. With an age gap of 4 years between us and different racial backgrounds and nationalities, and even stages of life, we managed to grow so close despite the odds. This is simply because we were united with the same purpose and the same love for people. I remember talking to Nana about all the dreams I have buried in my heart, and to see reflected in her eyes and feel reflected in her spirit the very same passion I had. She understood why I felt what I did, because she felt it too.

Nana is just an absolutely incredible person and I honour her for that today. She loves generously and it's always a blessing to see her around children, how joy overflows from her. She is always hungry for more of God and is in passionate pursuit of Him by reading much and learning from others. She is a thoughtful encourager. She is kind, precious and carries so much light within her.

She will do even greater things one day.

May you have such a blessed, blessed journey love! I will be keeping you in my prayers and believing for such breakthrough to come upon PNG through you and the team! I'll join you in PNG again one day I hope, but till then, thank you for showing me that dreams can come true. :)

Much love,
Dice

No comments:

Post a Comment