Monday, March 11, 2013

Thoughts About: Growth

I walked past the Robert Blackwood hall on the way to the library tonight, and I thought about my very first day in university. We had our orientation in that hall at the time, and I still remember the speaker saying that the next time we would be in that hall would be when we graduate. And as I remembered that, I just thought to myself.. how time flies.

I'm already in third year, and in three months I will be half a doctor.

It feels like there are milestones in life that I never thought were ACTUALLY in my grasp as I was growing up. Even from entering secondary school, graduating and entering college, getting into uni, driving, living independently abroad.. the journey that my life has taken really just amazes me so. I am so blessed and thankful to God and my parents for bringing me to this point right now.

Also, many people have been commenting this year that I've started dressing differently, no more insane colourful bracelets and bright colour combinations but instead starting to dress more like an adult. It's funny.. that I grew in that area as well and would not have noticed it in particular were it not for the people around me who did. Also, to see how my personality has developed in that time and is somehow reflected externally.

I guess.. life is still not through me. God isn't, for sure. And no matter how much I muse and stand in awe of the growth that has taken place in my life over the past five years - spiritually, mentally, physically.. I know that there is more for me. More growth to live through and more experiences to gain that will mold me further.

I am not the same girl I was when I was 15, nor when I was 17.. nor will I ever be who I am at 19 again. I will keep adapting, and I will keep growing.

Watching the people around me grow has been an incredible experience as well. I love seeing God chisel bits out and mold a little there to make them even more beautiful with time and patience. I love seeing the boys around me slowly grow into men and the girls discover their own identity as a woman. I love seeing bad habits dropped and new characters developed. The more I look at these amazing people around me and know that they too have grown, the more I realize that life.. never really stops moving. Life goes on and brings new surprises every day. What a joy to be able to do life with these people. :)

Thanks for listening to these late night thoughts. :)

Much loves,
Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment