Wednesday, June 26, 2013

In Search of Adventure



I am really thankful for this bunch of friends right here. :) 

Though we're short of a few more familiar faces and gained a few too, there's this sense of home and community that's ever present when we meet. 

I love them because they remind me how blessed I am to be a Malaysian, that there is so much beauty and life to be found everywhere, especially in the places that most people have given up on. They are constantly hungry for a fresh, new adventure, intending to seek one out whenever possible. In my trips with them, I have always returned home to KL with a new love for Malaysia and new eyes to see how precious the culture and people here are.  

I will forever remember them as the crazy ones who visited the deserted National Zoo with me, would spontaneously drive to Istana Negara for a look-see, carried a 5 kilogram fish, appreciates the joy in having 1 dollar tau fu fah, stayed in a cheap guesthouse and braced dirty toilets together, crossed the river via a ferry to Thailand unexpectedly for a short walk and usually had random conversations with the town locals too.

But what I like best about them.. is that they bring out the traveler in me, and without words, are able to encourage me to never stop pursuing life itself, and all that it has to offer. They remind me of the person I want to be. :)

So thank you guys, for being just the way you are.. and for a great Ipoh trip too. :)

Love,
Dice

No comments:

Post a Comment