Monday, February 14, 2011

fresh new beginning

g'day mate! MESSINESS ahead.

man, it's been a crazy day. well mostly in the plane, but i got to do so much thinking. for the past few days, the emotion that always stuck with me was fear. it's so scary to start a whole new life in a whole new world,and to leave everyone that loves me back home. in all honesty, i'm still scared, but the excitement has begun to set in. that's just it you know, i am so so blessed, and it's time to start appreciating that. i have the chance to fall in love with a whole new place again, to meet new people, to build myself up to be the girl i want to be, who God wants me to be, to gain experience and to touch the lives of others. :D

the saddest part of my day was definitely when the plane took off, (with the goodbyes second! but i was such an emotional cripple then somehow..). as the plane took off, i couldn't help it as my eyes filled with tears, while i said goodbye to my home for the past 17 years. and i had like minor panic sessions on the plane ride too, where i felt i couldn't do this, i wanted so badly to go home home, to my room, my parents, my friends, Mid Valley, the park, everywhere. so yea, the excitement and sadness just took turns to hit me throughout the journey here.

but when i reached and got out of the airport, as i stared out onto the roads as we headed for my sister's apartment, i knew that i would soon come to love this place as a second home, never replacing my first, but a home nevertheless. i looked at the streets which names i would one day know, and the shops i would eventually eat or buy stuff from, and i realized my sister was right. that i will come to love this city very much, that i will make friends for life here and that these are the best years to come. i guess one of the things i'm afraid of is coming to love here too much that i cannot leave. i know malaysia would need me more than here would, but yea.. still, i'm learning to live day by day, to be happy, to surrender to God.

another lesson i learnt was while i was walking dao mun to the other entrance of the park on saturday after cg. i had to rescue some lost travelers earlier too, like rachel and janice. hahah, and i realized how i've learnt my way around the Bukit Jalil Park when a year ago, i was as lost as a duck there. and similarly, i'll learn the roads around here, i'll find my footing, and be me again. :)

i had lots to say wan, but dunno why suddenly so writer's block. haha, anyways, it's 4.18am now, so i should go get some rest. i'll see you soon world!


on the plane.. :D
love from the land down under,
candice

1 comment:

  1. oy mate! don't forget to occasionally send some love this way! :)

    ReplyDelete