Wednesday, May 25, 2011

the window

People say that when God closes a door, He opens another. or a window. And i guess that proved so true for me tonight. :) i'll be honest, it has been so so difficult here. definitely without a doubt though, i have had good memories and good new friends, it's just every moment i'm alone again is a reminder that well.. i'm alone again. ahah make sense ar? yet God knows what we need. He knows exactly when we need it too, and tonight at urban life, i was just so so SO BLESSED by the six other girls in that room. God brought me out of my comfort zone to an unfamiliar land, but He blessed me with this particular Urban Life to give me the support i needed. He let me fall, but He made sure people He trusted with my life were there to pray for me, pick me up and help me stand again, stronger than before. thanks urbies, and most importantly, thank You Dad. :)

today mei ying talked about letting go, and guarding your heart. and i knew what i had to let go off. so, to a friend that doesn't really know how much i was hurt by her actions, i forgive you. i knew it was time, i've been holding it in me for too long now, and because of that i overlooked God's offering of peace to me. the peace of letting go, forgiving and trusting in Him. For the first time in a while, i feel.. liberated. :)

Gosh i'm so thankful and blessed to have ULU-13 in my life now. <3

i realized a couple days back a question that came to my head.

do you (reader/me) think i would be who i am today if i didn't have God in my life?

DEFINITELY NOT. i know that everything good about me right now is of God and from Him. looking back and seeing His gentle hands guide the way really humbles me and leaves me in awe of Him. sometimes people wonder why i'm so 'holy' or why i believe in God at all. well, He's been so so real to me, showing me His glory and love and beauty in everyday things, in the words He whispers to me, in the love He put in people for me. He's not just a figure from an old book, He's been speaking to me everyday, showing me He loves me, planning my every step all for a greater future. and to quote C.S Lewis, I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.

thank You Lord, for Your peace in my time of chaos. I will ever praise You, Lord. :)

extremely blessed,
candice

No comments:

Post a Comment