Monday, January 16, 2012

heartbeat

here are some things that made my heart have a delayed beat lately, in no particular order. :)

1. Yesterday I was at YC, and during the altar call, I suddenly felt this fresh perspective wash over me as I saw people getting prayed for in the front. For what could be the first time, I really saw the overwhelming potential in that place, the magnitude of dreams. I felt so strongly that most of these young people were waiting for that turning point in their lives if they haven't already had it, the moment they realize God's call over their lives and have it changed forever. And I was so blown away really, by how all of us put together when fueled by passion could truly change the world for the better, from the very moment each one of them are ignited.

2. When the bunch of us were in Kelantan recently, we stopped to buy some keropok in this shop where Ivan remembered the owner. And he encouraged us to talk to the owner to just hear about his life and how to make keropok. So we all stood there listening to the uncle show us how to slice the meat thingy, and listened as he gave us life advice on picking the right partner, not drinking, not car-racing, and not smoking. :) There was something about that experience that made me really happy, just being able to talk with a stranger in a small town, the closeness of calling someone 'uncle' upon meeting, realizing how we each have our different paths to walk and seeing the beauty of his and his wife's simple lifestyle. Listening to them talk about their daughter, and trip to US to see her, how they couldn't finish one portion of food cause it was so big.. Hahaha, I just loved it la. :) Kind strangers that end up friends will always make my day. :)


While those were the two biggest ones, lots of things and people have been making me happy lately, so I really do feel very blessed. Thank You Daddy. :) And I think, for the stuff I've been struggling with that I mentioned in previous posts.. I've finally found my peace for it. In beautiful moments, I have realized that God still has a beautiful plan for my life, perhaps one different to what I expected, but still.. Breathtaking. :) And like we sang yesterday, "I believe I believe", this year I want to really believe, in His destiny for me filled with goodness, love, peace, joy.. No more self-pity, just.. looking forward with hope. :)

Love,
Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment