Friday, March 9, 2012

even more life stuff

Sitting in class today, I felt quite grumpy. Cause a girl in my class was just MEGA grumpy, and didn't smile when I talked to her and all. But then I remembered, that I bought a super sweet-smelling mango on campus today for only 3 bucks, and like 4 boxes of blueberries and a box of tomatoes. I shouldn't be grumpy! Life is good! and sweet, and smells good too. :)

Here's a reminder to count our blessings in every day, and to let our hearts be filled with joy and contentment.

Another thing, my tutor was telling us today about why he left India after working there for a few years. Back in 2007 or 2008, there was a terrorist attack one night in Bombay that sent hundreds of people to the emergency department where he was working. He told us, that they literally had to walk in blood in the hospital that night. Over 300 to 400 dead bodies were just piled up on each other due to the lack of space and it was absolutely horrific. He then felt psychologically affected and decided to continue studying in Melbourne instead.

Something about that story just really moved me. I can't explain it, the kind of horror that medical professionals have to go through and all that.. Just.. wow. :/

The Community Based Placement of my choice is Glenallen school, which is a school for disabled children. I REALLY hope that they let me go there, cause we had to put seven options in. Today at the briefing though, they warned us that over our time in Glenallen (if we get selected for there), we will be dealing with some very sick children, some of whom may even pass away over the fourteen weeks we are there, and that we might go for their funerals too. I can't imagine what that would be like! If that happens, though I really hope not, it will probably be one of my first few memorable experiences of death, cause the other people that passed away in my life went when I was really young, or not too close to, so I've never experienced it like that before. I'm scared, but despite that, Glenallen is my top pick, for the opportunity of reaching out to kids at their level, meeting them halfway and giving them the best quality of life the school can offer. Results will be out Wednesday, fingers crossed!

For people who know me REALLY well, though thinking now, I'm not sure even how many people this is.. I'm quite a crybaby. Crying is something that soothes my soul, leaves me squeezed dry and drained, but with the burdens lifted afterwards. When I'm upset, I usually wait till Praise and Worship starts at church, where I'd begin to cry my heart out. I've always felt like church was a safe place for me to cry in. People think that God's just touched me, which in some way is true, so they don't ask too many questions, they just offer me a hug and tissues. I like to think that the Holy Spirit helps me to cry out the worries and problems I have in my heart. I remember the time in camp during the missions workshop, as we wrote our letters to God, that I started to just full on cry, just cause my heart was so full thinking about missions and stuff, and Edwin was beside me, probably scared and worried, but he was such a great comfort la. And it wasn't weird, even though it wasn't even prime altar call moment. I remember my last birthday where I got to cry it all out at discipleship, and just feel that wave of freedom and peace come afterwards.. Amazing. So yea, in case you didn't know, but always read my blog, that's a little piece of what makes me me, even if not many people know it. :)

That's all, ahhh such a gorgeous day.

Love,
Dice

No comments:

Post a Comment