Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Of Promises

Yesterday, as I was washing up my dishes, I suddenly looked up and saw a huge rainbow in the distance.

I immediately broke out into a smile, because it didn't even rain yesterday, and it felt like God was just showing off to me because He can. He gave me such a simple, thoughtful gift for no reason.

""It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.""
- Genesis 9:14-16

"Now it happened, on a certain day, that He got into a boat with His disciples. And He said to them, "Let us go over to the other side of the lake." And they launched out. But as they sailed, He fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake and they were filling with water, and were in jeopardy. And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, "Master, Master, we are perishing!" Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm. But He said to them, "Where is your faith?" And they were afraid, and marvelled, saying to one another, "Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him."
- Luke 8:22-25

...

Some days are raging water days.

And on those days, you may feel angry, anxious and exhausted. You may feel the need to get up and fight in self-defense.

With God, I always feel like He lets me take it out on Him until all that fight is gone, and all that's left is His peace. After all, in that boat, He was right there. In my life, my rainbow, my very promise.. is right there as well.

Once more, I find my peace again. I find Him, right next to me, never having left my side at all.

Some days are raging water days.

But those days are the days that we get to see Him calm the storm and be reminded of who really is in control. Those days are days for rainbows, miracles, trust, resilience and pure faith. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

...

"My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast. I will sing and give praise."
- Psalm 57:7

"The Lord will fight for you, you need only be still."
- Exodus 14:14

Still standing,
Dice

No comments:

Post a Comment