Friday, July 12, 2013

Unprecedented Favour

Since the leadership conference last weekend, I truly feel like God has been pouring out favour on me on a whole new level.

Bill Johnson shared then about this time he stopped to look at a fisherman's flask on a magazine for a few seconds and decided that he didn't need it though he liked it. A few weeks later, someone unknowingly got him that as a gift. At that point, all he could think was, "Seriously God?? This was at the bottom of my wants list, yet You care about it?"

Hahaha, it was a nice story.. but God's cheekiness was something I would experience for myself the following week.

Come Tuesday morning, I rushed onto the train and suddenly thought of drinking black coffee. I usually drink my coffee with milk and that occasionally makes me feel bloated, so I was just wondering what black coffee would be like. I soon forgot that thought. Then, later that day, I went for a multidisciplinary oncology team meeting at the hospital and one of the residents encouraged me to grab some coffee and free food for all participants in the corner. I happily went to indulge and took one of the many cups in the box. I took a sip through the hole in the lid, and guess what.. it was black coffee.

And then I had a tutorial that evening that would run till about 5.30pm, which meant that the earliest I could reach home by public transport was 7pm. Before I went for my tutorial, I arranged with a friend to take me back to her place so I could take one straight train home instead of my usual bus, train, bus and bus. That would probably take longer than the usual 1 1/2 hours, but it felt safer since it gets dark so early outside nowadays. Then, Ying called me to ask if she and the girls can come visit me as after they went to Dandy, they took a joyride to Cranbourne and realized Frankston was nearby. I got dinner with some of my favourite girls and a ride all the way home that night. :)

And then come Wednesday, my bottom left back gum had been hurting for a while and I decided it may be a wisdom tooth coming out. I considered buying some mouth wash as I heard that that would help, but I did not have the time at all to do so. Also, I had been wanting to eat pancakes but we had no eggs in the house, so I had to do without. That night, Dys moved into our house temporarily with all the stuff she was gonna bring back to Indo for good, and things she wanted to give away. Would you have known it... she pulled out a bottle of mouthwash and half a bottle of pancake mix and asked us if we would mind taking it off her hands for her. This is not the first time I have thought briefly about something that week and received it, so I am going.. "seriously God??? Hahhha, what is this??? Thanks !"

And then I needed to reschedule a blood test for this week but my days are all 7am to 5pm, which meant I had no time to get in done during working hours near where I live. Most likely, I would have to get it done on early Saturday morning then, before my other plans. On Thursday, as I was prepared to go for lunch before my 3pm class, the lecturer comes running into the room at 1pm saying that we have to finish the class quick as she has to go home and look after her kids. I finished class at 3pm on Thursday and managed to get my bloods done this week.

And to top it all of, tonight PlanetUNI is having Christmas in July in Coburg, which I estmiated would take me 2 hours to get to by public transport from here. And yea, you guessed right, God came through AGAIN. Aaron came by our house yesterday to drop off garlic bread for tonight and stayed for a cup of coffee, and soon we were all discussing transport for tonight... and as his office is just nearby, he offered to give me a lift. :)

Something shifted for my spiritual life last week, I really feel it. And this unprecedented favour that is upon me now.. it leaves me in awe and so, so speechless. Sure, I have had some really sucky things happen to me this week as well, but the good in my life far outweighs the bad.. everytime. I am so very blessed indeed. :)

Love,
Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment