Friday, June 24, 2011

thread between strangers

today me and my sister walked into krispy kreme cause i was craving an original glazed donut, and so i ordered and paid for it. walking back to guardian where my other sister was, i realized that there were two donuts in there, and so sis and i decided i should walk back and tell the lady. and back at krispy kreme, i told the lady that i think she gave me two by accident. and the lady smiled and patted my shoulder saying, no no, i gave it to you, it's for you. and smiled really sweetly too!

i'm not too sure what compelled her to do so, maybe it was God saying i could use some extra love and encouragement, or she just thought give one extra so my sister can eat too, but i felt really blessed after. walking out of the shop, the word on my mind was favour. other than that though, i'm just amazed at how the love for strangers still exist in people, and how far one kind act can go. just, pretty amazing stuff, thanks God. :)

and.. i'm learning to treasure moments i sit at home doing nothing or doing chores with my mum and sister, and rest of fam at night, cause it's these things i wish i could be doing when i'm in Aussie wanting to be here. guess i'm starting to understand more and more that family may not always be as fun and stupit and crazy as my friends, but nothing compares to family. we bicker, and quarrels get too far sometimes and i make disappointing mistakes, but there's ALWAYS moments as we sit and watch a movie together talking about it, or carry clothes and sheets around to hang, or cook to eat, or laugh at some new stupid amusing joke that i see the magic behind it all, the joy and love and awesomeness. :)

it's all good. :)

be blessed dear reader! :D
candice

No comments:

Post a Comment