Tuesday, June 28, 2011

getting it right

there's a lot of new random thoughts i have on my head today! :)

firstly, it felt really good jogging in my favourite park in the whole world again today! so many memories everywhere haha. but really, just putting my legs to good use again, feeling the first wave of panting, is amazing. i love how that makes me feel so alive. until it gets too tiring la. gosh, i am SO out of shape, but it's okay you know? :) i'm glad i took the first step in whipping myself back and improving my stamina to where it used to be like.. 5 years ago? ahhaha. but it was fun going with my sister though, and watching her hilarious cheeky face as she ran past me at the end.

which reminded me of the moments i cherished so much, moments where there's so much joy and peace in me, where for that one moment, everything is as it should be. it happened again as i was driving today, and there was my dad next to me giving instructions, occasionally raising his voice when i get off-track or blur, and three ladies in the backseat unsure if to scream or pray or laugh. it was so funny seeing each of them try whispering instructions to me cause they were to scared to say it out loud or if they were hinting to me before my dad gave the instruction. ahhahaa, either ways, i was torn between being stressed out by them four, and hiding my laughter, cause they were all just so adorable la. :) <3

so far i've been spending more time at home than out with friends, and today, i knew i wouldn't give up that time i had with them for anything else. i'm really gonna miss all this 'mou liu' moments, where my sister and mum and speaking to each other in high-pitched voices, when my eldest sister insists on spoiling me, when we laugh at each other over the silliest things, when my parents try to keep track of what's happening in our three lives, when i learn to knit and learn to drive, when my dad laughs at "what are you sinking about?", when we have dinner together. ohh and when my sister gives me an "i-told-you-so" look when my dad offered to pay me not to shave my head. hahaha :)

at the end of the day, i guess when you give people a chance, they will eventually amaze you.

ooh and i went out for lunch with roxy today! :) had a really good talk, and i'm so glad for all these friendships i have, opportunities to serve and be served mutually. haha after lunch we met up with summer and wei-jan and eventually started discussing wedding photos. apparently, my wedding photos are gonna be very fun , crazy and kiddy, like pillow fights and stuff. hahahahah SO EXCITES. :P

as i was driving today, i realized that i am the last daughter my dad will get to teach to drive. i'm the last daughter to have completed so many other rite of passages too, like losing all my baby teeth, entering sports, finishing SPM, going to college, getting into and going to uni, prom.. and it's a funny, surreal feeling, knowing life is passing all of us by, not in a bad way, just.. sometimes a bit too quickly. i think of all the other rites i have yet to go through, graduating, first job, getting a boyfriend, getting married, having kids and then watching them go through all this back from the start too. how awesome would that be! :)

so just being here where i am now, i'm thankful. thankful for parents who were with me through it all, for sisters who took care of me and in doing so taught me to care for others, for friends in bringing me joy and comfort, and for life, in all it's beauty. :) there's SO MUCH to be thankful for everyday, and i never wanna forget that.

oh and on another note, yoghurt boyz is closed! :( :( :( malaysia is not the same anymore. :'(

these past few days, i haven't been doing my devotion, cause of the different schedule i have here, but that's probably just a bad excuse. like josh shared, God deserves at least 10% of the time He gives me each day, and now i'm struggling to give Him even 1%. and i feel the difference actually, i feel the worry creeping into me again, and the fear of failing my previous paper, of not being able to juggle all i want to do next semester. i NEED to pray, i WANT to spend time with God, but .. sigh, O Lord, please help me overcome the temptations that stand in the way.

kay, i'm gonna go pack up for tomorrow and sleep soon! :) bye bye dear reader, with load of love! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment