Wednesday, April 18, 2012

when your faith is hard to find, you can borrow mine

A good friend once told me, "When you feel weak, then it's time to let others be strong for you."

I've been going through some pretty rough storms lately, a lot of battling in my spirit, and I am getting quite sick of talking about it, but what I wanted to say today was that.. there have been people lending me their strength and cheering me on, and I am so so thankful for them.

I've had Ninny and Pearly reach out to me in the past few days, talk to me and get out all the mess in my mind, assure me that I was handling this well, praying for me too. But not just them, so many voices have been around me edifying, encouraging, holding my hand through it all. And I think, as I look back now and hear those words again, even prophetic words further down in my past, I find strength enough to go on. Just a bit more, just a bit more.

And that's just the people who have specifically been talking me through my issues. This morning as I was walking to uni, a man who was sweeping leaves in the car park wished me a good morning and offered small talk as I waited to cross the road. His joy was so infectious, that I caught myself smiling along, even after I walked away, and suddenly the frustrations of continually falling asleep through the night when work had to be done just didn't matter. The man was so happy that today was a beautiful day, and I now realize the difference in how we started our day, me with frustration and exhaustion and grumpiness, while he chose to be thankful for the sun. He lent me strength in the simplest of moments, and unknowingly too.

Teach me O Lord to keep running back to You with a thankful heart, because we both know that I have much to be thankful for every day. May I bless others the way that man blessed me today too. :)

And my lecturer today was this balding old-ish man who wore a suit with a bow tie. TOO CUTE I tell you. :)

Little things, but these are the things that matter. :)

"I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

- Ephesians 3:14

Love,
Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment