Thursday, June 14, 2012

Worldview

Every year that I get older, I always think I know the world better.

Today I realized how I don't, hardly at all. All I know about.. is my world.

I've always flocked to the same kind of people, like people of similar culture, ideas, faith, interests, convictions etc.. Today, working with people of very different backgrounds than me opened my eyes abit more. What do I really know about this world and its people? How can I empathize with something, with people, whose lives I cannot relate to or understand? How can I possible love someone I don't know?

My worldview is in fact very, very small.

So, I'm even more excited for PNG now, to gain a fresh perspective on the world, to see firsthand how God holds humanity together even when we're all so different from one another. I want God to show and teach me things that I never knew before, and develop a heart for His people, despite the 'culture, ideas, faith, interests, convictions, etc.'.

While this won't make me know the world completely, I am excited to be one step closer, and a little better at understanding why people are the way they are and how God can change lives in one glorious moment.

One day though, I'll see much more of the world. I don't know when yet, or how, but I feel it in my spirit that God is calling me there. And we know that His will for our lives will always come to pass as long as we remain obedient to the call He placed over it.

In a moment of pure honesty though, I am afraid, Afraid that this trip won't magnify my passions but rather extinguish it, discourage me rather than spur me on. But.. God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and love, and it means it was the enemy that put that fear there in me. Probably because he himself is afraid of what God can do through my life in PNG, and everywhere else really. This I know though, that in being obedient to what God has asked of me right now, I can dismiss my fear with certainty and just embrace this experience with all my heart and all my soul :)

Joshua 1:9
- "Here is what I am commanding you to do. Be strong and brave. Do not be terrified. Do not lose hope. I am the Lord your God. I will be with you everywhere you go."

Excited,
Dice

1 comment: