Sunday, March 28, 2010

the God whose love never runs out

i know this is quite lengthy, but maybe, there are things you need to read from here. =)

lately i've been struggling with something new, and long story short, i'm kinda okay now thanks largely to priscilla and rose's sermon on saturday. but i guess i learnt quite a lot in the process. i mean the cross has a whole new amazing meaning for me. like every one of my mistakes is washed clean by the blood of Jesus. and romans 8:38-39 says 'For i am convinced that neither death nor life , neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.' i guess somewhere along the road, i forgot that and felt completely imperferct and so horrible, like the only thing i can do is make mistakes after mistakes. and i felt so unworthy of God's grace. but the truth is, i am and i always will be. that's why it's called grace, because it's not about who i am, but about what God has done, not about what i've done but about who God is - who am i, casting crowns. =) and it takes faith to always believe that God will never let go of my hand, God will never stop loving me and God will never ever leave my side.

and isn't that just mindblowing? here is a God, so beautiful, so perfect and yet He would choose to love... me. you know honestly, many times i've felt like, hmm, i'm a pretty good person, quite lovable what.. but only recently did i realize how that's not really the case. and ultimately, my struggles have brought me to a new place of humility before God, which is good. and i stopped taking Jesus' work on the cross for granted. i'm just so amazed at Him, the author of my life, the lover of my soul.

and i realized God wants us to come to Him broken, for He is Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals. Another one of His names is Jehovah Shammah, the God who is there. My God isn't like any other, truly, for He is always there for me and He provides for me and He loves me and He does so much to get my attention and He heals hearts and He died, for my sins. i cannot imagine where i would be now if i didn't have Jesus in my life. i really can't. He's become like my strength, cause every time i hurt, i turn to Him. and only He can bring me peace. and the me you know today, it's all because of God. =)

so i was reading through my old notes, and i came across a few lines that really hit me. here they are. =)
even on my worst day, God loves me just as much.

it is not a chore to serve You, but a joy. =)

God can use anyone to do His works, it's just about whether you are available or not. isn't it a wonder that God trusts us?

you will never be holy enough to serve God. i am nothing. it is God's love and grace in my life that gives me worth and makes me so precious. i am who i am because of You Lord.

what attracts the Holy Spirit is our sincere admittance that we cannot be who He has called us to be without Him.

God rips the labels on us OFF and calls us children of God.

the love of God restores our identity.

If we are not out to change the world, who is?

i say this from experience, people will let you down and hurt you, but God never will.

GOD IS LOVE. The Bible does not say He has love or He gives loves but It says that GOD IS LOVE.

yea, these came at the moment i needed them most. =) there's this amazement that comes when you go before God completely broken, completely surrendered, asking for grace again. and by faith believing, that His grace for you renews each day. and i just feel like a little girl in God again, who needs her Daddy's protection and forgiveness and i am simply in wonder, because God doesn't turn me away, ever.

here's to anyone who's ever had a broken heart, a disheartened spirit, a painful experience, i want you to know today that God loves you and that He can heal you. He loves you so infinitely, if only you knew. He sent His son to die on the cross for YOU out of grace and ultimately, the greatest love of all. and if you want Him in your life, to experience God the way i did, to have the security to know that no matter how much you mess up in life, and even if everybody in the world stopped loving you, one person never will, and He is God, then i you need to know that this invitation extends to you too. accepting God into your life and experiencing that amazing love and freedom, it's a matter of whether or not you choose to do so.
God loves you, and He always will. if there's one thing you remember from this post, remember that.

before i go, i just wanna thank you once again God, for your endless mercy. sometimes i say it too often and it loses its sincerity, but today Lord, i mean it with all my heart. Thank you, for never giving up on me. I love You too. =)

Romans 8:1-2 - 'Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.'


with the love of God,
candice.

No comments:

Post a Comment