Tuesday, December 22, 2009

greater things

so, to say revamp was totally awesome was an understatement. i learnt a lot of lessons this week in many different ways. and CAR ParK totally bonded during the last week. when faced with the question of what am i really grateful for? i am glad that right then i knew exactly what i was so grateful for. Thank you LORD for them, for how open we were with each other throughout the week. i don't think i have ever been so close to someone else before, let alone four other people. i will never forget the kitchen floor talk at 3am and the long confession session after the altar call. i am truly truly blessed to be your friends.

i also made so many new friends this week! they're all really funny and i have adopted like 3 sai lo's now? =D well i adopted one and the other two adopted themselves.. =P and i am so honestly proud of my kids now. i can see how much they have enjoyed this conference and how nice people have been with them. in the past few months, they have changed so so much and started becoming more confident with themselves, growing deeper with God. i am especially proud of james who's the oldest amongst them. i see him growing so much and he is an amazing leader for the rest of his friends. what touches me the most is how even though they've made so many new friends, they still want to sit with their mummies. =) i love em so much, really!

so firstly, i learnt to be open to what God wants me to do. Like many times, it may not seem significant or it may sound weird or scary. but i learnt that our GREAT God can do wonders out of our obedience. like, even if it seems like such a small thing, if it was done according to His will, it can cause greater things to occur. coolness right? my best example is voters registration lor. as soon as i heard about it, i was completely against it. like why are we even doing this? what's it got to do with poverty? but i decided it was important to have a positive attitude. and once we started encouraging people, i find myself being encouraged too. seriously, i feel like i erupted with passion then and i felt the importance of our task. some ppl asked why i was so gung ho about it but i seriously felt it wasn't me but rather Christ in me. i kept telling myself each vote mattered and really God made all the difference. =)

then, i also learnt to really believe in God. like believe He truly can change this world through me. during our prayer meeting on sunday, i felt led to tell everyone about this. and fuiyoh, i feel like that was one of my most Spirit filled moment. the verse in Matthew 10:19-20 became so true then. " But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; for it is not you who speaks but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you." like wah, God can work through a small person like me!

and! i learnt that we must first love God before we can love other people unconditionally. and i realized that that is why i can't do alot of the things i feel God asked me to do. like telling a certain someone how much God loves him. because, i felt the need to do it out of duty to God and not from love for God. that is mind blowing for me. the realization that all along i have been doing things by my own strengths and wants, no matter nothing worked out! but God, God is truly amazing. =)

and i also learnt that even though things might not be very right with God at the moment, i can't be selfish? if you get what i mean. like during camp, basically during this point of my life, i've been far away from God and haven't really been doing devotions at all. i realized the need to maintain my relationship with God during revamp and also gained a new thirst for God, one that is so subtle yet strong. i want to know God more and more each day. and that is my commitment. and one very important thing i learnt from priscilla during workshop is that my faith in God shouldn't depend on my emotions. even if i can't feel him, i must have faith and believe that He is always there, holding my hand. Joshua 1:5b - " I will never leave you. I will never forsake you." God so amazing!!! and in that season of dryness, i learnt that i can still impact others. by pushing on and continually praying, i found myself still touching people's lives in very subtle but real ways. thanks girl, for letting me know what i did helped you. so if God can use me even then, it proves that He never really left me after all. =)

i learnt alot really but i can't name em all now. i also learnt tho, about absolute moral truth. about really basing my life on the truths of God. i really learnt so much from conference and gained a lot. just can't really think right now cause it's like 2am. but it was really memorable and the people i met there will stay in my heart forever! and most of all, to my great God, i commit my life into Your hands forever. Amen!

John 14:12 -" Most assuredly i say to you, he who believes in Me, the works i do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because i go to my Father."

No comments:

Post a Comment