Sunday, May 16, 2010

where love poured out

this is a song that means a lot to me, especially the bridge. read it slowly! =)

Desert Song by Hillsong United

This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger and need
My God is a God who provides

And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship


This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be empited again
The seed I've recieved I will sow

well i know i gotta study but i really had to blog about this. (i have a list of stuff to blog about after exam, deep stuff... =P) yesterday night as i was studying i thought about the hospital attachment and how gene said he saw a dead body and it smelled funny. at the time i was like oh, cool. but yesterday night at like 4am, i started freaking out. dead body? i cannot imagine what it's like to be near a cadaver and imagine the life that was once in it. and i started getting scared irrationally la, bout ghost stories and nonsense like that. but at 4am very freaky one k! then i prayed, God, please give me the courage to not be afraid of such nonsense.
and then i realized, i am so blessed to have God. when i am scared i turn to Him and say, God please be with me and lead me through. when i am worried of my future, i remind myself that He has a plan no one can stop, a plan that is good. when i am happy i have my amazing God to thank. when i am lonely, He is right there next to me. and i cannot imagine my life pre-God anymore, before i was a Christian. i rely on God subconciously on so many little things already. and today alex said, where would i be without God? and WHAM! hit me man. but i am just really thankful for my beautiful awesome God, and it's made me have more compassion on the unsaved. cause now that i've known what it is like to have God with me through every circumstance, i really wonder how horridly awful it must be to be scared alone, sad alone and alone alone. if you get me.. so yea.. that's what i was inspired about today, and recently. =)

oh and this helped me a lot too.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God.
Blessed are those persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
- Mathew 5:3-11

when you read it slowly and realize how many of those you are, you'll feel super whoa lor.

mum called me down to watch oprah just now. and there was this little boy who was born with distorted legs and the doctors said they had to amputate his legs. he was just a baby and was born with a rare disease, where he had only one vocal chord too. but he survived against all odds, and at 18 months old he got his first pair of prosthetic legs. he is like so so adorable at like 4 years now? and he swims and runs and goes to the gym even. and i was so amazed at the courage of this little boy, and he was just really cute la. and i thought of plastic surgeons, i mean i always thought that was the last kind of doctor i wanted to be. but when i watched that and the next baby who was born sick was a girl with mermaid-like legs cause they were fused together, and it was a plastic surgeon who separated her legs so she could survive. and plastic surgeons, they give people hope and better lives. not in the liposuction way, but in cases like that baby you know. so i guess, i stand corrected.

and i was looking in the church toilet mirror today thinking, wah my pimple so annoying and my hair so crazy again and i looked so blah today, and then i saw it. the operation beautiful post-its on the mirror in conjuction with all girls camp, it said something inspirational that i forgot la. then i walked out of the toilet happy despite my crazy hair. hahhahaa, the point of this is, sign up for all girls camp 2010! it's gonna be awesome!!!!!!!

yea... gotta study now! bye!

lots and lots of love,
candice

No comments:

Post a Comment