Monday, June 14, 2010

walk on water

so today we found out that fiona's leaving for JPA and also today was day 1 without jayn.. it's so sad really, cause when i think of our class i can really imagine all their faces, them two and ivanna and everyone else. but talking with mich and elena today, gosh we really do love our class. everybody's so awesome and today i'm thankful for this super duper amazing class. :)class trip k!!! haha so to jayn and fiona, you will always be remembered AND LOVED in G8!!! :D
:) i'm watching our videos again, like the LAN one. haha, i guess sometimes there are places you can feel like you belong, and watching these just reminds me. :)

sigh, speaking of exams.. i guess i'm semi stressed about results. i don't think i'm good enough to get a spot anywhere really, especially that large blinking B for physics. but i guess it's true that i didn't give it my best. so, in realizing the importance of setting goals, this is my goal for the mid sem 2 report. :)
chem 18, maths 18, PHY 18(!!!), bio 19, eng 20. i really want to acheive this! by God's grace and will, hopefully it comes to pass!!! but *BREATHES IN*, it's time to start working harder.

IMU has always been my backup plan if i couldn't get into any aussie uni for undergrad med. i think by now medicine's pretty confirmed for me dey la. so like iu've said a lot, i found security in knowing that God will send me where He wants me to go. but since i didn't do so well in my ISATs and since my results aren't as good as my other classmates, i began to worry. and talking to my sister today made me think, i guess i'll probably end up at IMU then. but at that moment, a thought entered my head, "o ye of little faith, why did you doubt?", it's a Bible verse if you didn't know, when Peter was walking on water and once he started to doubt and worry, he began to sink. and it was kinda like a WHOA in my face. but the dangers of hoping is disappointment. cause i'm so afraid really of putting my trust wholly in God then finally ending up in IMU still, not that i have anything against IMU, i just suddenly felt like going overseas right away, somehow. and i know if i end up there, it's still all by His great plan for my life, but that verse.. it felt really whoosh right, but does it mean i should believe i would get a space in aussie somewhere? UNSW maybe if i do really well in my exams? but interview... sigh all the stress. i need ice cream. baskin on wednesday MUAHAHAHAHH!
but a thought hit me too.. why do i want to go to australia? like earlier when i went there i kept thinking that it wasn't like home at all, and i didn't like it there. but thinking bout uni more and more made me realize, i do wanna go study overseas. so maybe, i need the faith to believe that God's put that passion in my heart too.

i'm currently reading 'Rumours of Another World' by Philip Yancey, and it's pretty good stuff! :) and i think that maybe faith, is about believing that nothing's coincidence, that God planned every single detail of your life, down to the diameter of each hair on your head.

thanks God for always making me feel safe and secure even when i am unsure about what my future holds for me. :)

and i really miss TOT!!!! :( this pic doesn't have james tho..


looking for rainbows and sunflowers,
candice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment