Friday, May 18, 2012

How Great Our God

Just finished listening to a friend's testimony of how God provided for her financially at her absolute lowest, poorest point. And it was just.. amazing. Like you know how some work that you see, essays, poems, art, whatever, if you know a person well enough, you can tell which of those things are his works? This is not a coincidence at all, and we both could see God's handprints ALL OVER THIS. I'm just blown away, by the abundance of testimonies around me lately. God gave her LITERALLY a hundred times what she had left in her bank account, how incredible is that?? Hahaha, I feel so happy now, the joy of knowing that in a broken world, my God still reigns, He still handcrafts miracles and He still makes the impossible happen, over and over again.


At discipleship the other night, Pastor Russell was talking about how he hears about fifty miracles happening in the life of the church every week. That's what I love about God, He is so personal and so accessible, and He is definitely not dead. I know that many testimonies pour out during big events - conference, camp etc., but the truth of our faith is:


"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s."
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20


"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
- Acts 1:8


"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father."
- John 14:12


"We pin the miracles to His (Jesus) divinity instead of his humanity because we are afraid of asking why aren't we as humans doing them too?"
- Pastor Chris Hill


I love it, I love it, I love Him. :) The more I thank God, the more I realized how blessed I am. And the closer I am to seeing the miracles I am waiting for come to pass as well. I believe, stronger with each testimony I hear from others, that power and authority from God Himself lie in each and everyone of us. It's just about picking it up, and fighting, no matter how gruelling, long and exhausting the fight may be. But really, by the amount of testimonies going on around me this year as well - jobs, shortlisted for competitions, money, healing, pulling through my studies, faith of so many going to a higher level, more supernatural signs and miracles from God.. What, can my God possibly not do? NOTHING! :)


"This year, to be consumed by the prophetic promises of God."
- Pastor Bill Johnson


I wait upon You with excitement Lord, and I praise You and thank You for being SO GOOD to me. <3 


Blessings and JOY,
Dice

No comments:

Post a Comment