Thursday, May 10, 2012

Just What's Been Going On

Today I was talking to Pearly over lunch in the kitchen, and we started talking about.. boys. Hahahha, well it's a popular topic when you live with four girls. And we were talking about how we both believe that God's set apart someone for us, that has worked as hard in building their lives as we have. And that we deserve guys who would be spiritual leaders in the relationship as well. Pearly even said, yea the guy should be even better than you too, cause the Bible says that the guy is supposed to lead. After that, I said, but.. if he's better than me, what if he doesn't like me? And she said, If he's meant for you, God will push him back to you and say LIKE HER! 

Or something along those lines. It was just really funny the way she did it! :P

But I mean jokes aside, we know la, when you meet the right person that God's been planning for all along, there'll be a mutual attraction for sure.

Yesterday after ULU 13, and after some of them left, me, Ern Ying, Pearly, Ron, Daren and Joshua were just hanging out in the kitchen (popular spot) and procrastinating from doing our work. Suddenly Ern Ying says, One praise song and we all go do work ok! So we did, and even continued with one worship song, and God's presence was just so there. Everyone was getting into it, and singing our hearts out loud.. It was such a precious moment. :)

Also yesterday, I was supposed to train back with Popsy and Ern Ying from the city after placement, but there was a mix-up and I got into a different train. It was quite funny. But anyways, I reached Oakleigh and waited for the bus that will stop right outside my house, but I only took it once with Ern Ying so I wasn't too sure where to press for the stop. Anyways, I fell asleep in the bus and woke up to completely unfamiliar surroundings yet.. well all suburbian houses look the same. So for a while, I thought I reached, and got off the bus... to find myself in the middle of nowhere. Immediately called Popsy and said I'M LOST... I MAY EVEN BE IN DANDENONG, I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM! Seriously, my housemates deserve more credit for dealing with me all the time. She calmed me down and asked me to send my location to her and we figured out where I was. Turned out I probably fell asleep for about two minutes, and was like eight or nine stops from home. LOL it was so funny though, and Pearly was laughing at me at home after I told her I got off at the wrong stop, and she's like, imagine if suddenly Popsy gets a call, I'M LOST IN DANDENONG POPSY!! Heh.. had to admit that that phone call did actually happen. 

Had a pretty huge water balloon fight in the house a few weeks ago too! Soaking wet floors, bit of the carpet and wall too. So awesome though! :D 

Been falling down a lot too, super blur lately. Today I tripped on the way to Chaddie and this guy was like WHOA are you ok? Embarassed, I was like, HEH, all good! And in JayJays I walked into a rack with metal sticks all over to hang stuff. Seriously losing my mind man. PAI SEH. 

Hahah, I have no idea why I decided to write this, but it's nice to just share all the little joys that's been going on in my life. :)

On a more serious note, a lesson I've been learning over and over again, is that growth comes from hunger. The most amazing testimonies come from people who constantly just say to God, I want more, more of You. It is one of my strongest beliefs that God will not deny a hungry heart a great calling. Just interesting to note. :)

There's been a lot of brokenness around me lately too. And it kinda scares me, really trying to be positive in the midst of it all, but I know this one thing for sure.. God is still good. So good. :)

Love,
Dice

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. Falling asleep for a while and thinking you were lost in Dandenong? :P Made me laugh out loud :)

    ReplyDelete