Monday, May 7, 2012

Unchartered Territories, Unexplored Terrains

I spent a while looking back at old blog posts from May 2010 and May 2011 today. And.. I am quite amazed, and very encouraged. It's always nice to look back and see the hand of God over the story of my life. And in line with a thought that's been in my head for a while now - Where would I be without You? I really wonder how different those blog posts would have been if God wasn't in my life then. Where would I be now?

But other than that, I love reading about the dreams and passions I had then, and knowing that it hasn't changed, that my heart still skips a beat for the same things, all that has changed is my capacity to dream and believe in those dreams. God has just been expanding me like crazy, and I find myself daring to believe for greater things now.

It's always nice to have that girl encourage me though. The girl I once was. The girl who became who I am now.

God's got more. I know it. I know it, and I feel it in my spirit.

It was pretty great reading about old memories too, like that it was Ivan who saw my SPM results slip for me back in college and had to deal with crying blubbering me (Thanks Ivan, I totally forgot :P). I read about my adventures in MADU at Tengku Budriah, and thought of Sabrina, the girl who was closest to me while I was there. I wonder how she is doing now. I read about how I felt when Daly and Samuel left for America, and remembered little Moses, I wonder where he is now. I miss all my opportunities to serve the underprivileged in 2010, but I suppose, God just has a different bunch of people He wants me to bless now. 2011 was more of a difficult year for me, but I read about the first time us girls in ULU 13 shared in the room upstairs, and remembered how I was SO BLESSED by that time. I read about the lessons I had learnt, and read a lot of old post bits I re-quoted and relearned lessons from last May. I remembered my trip to Berwick, and I think what hit me the most, is how God is just SO GOOD to me.

"When the day comes where I stand before Jesus face to face, and look into His eyes which can see the deepest, darkest recesses of my heart, I want him to see that every breath, every passion, and every dream that I had was given to Him and for His kingdom."
-Pastor Tim Hall

Love,
Candice

1 comment: