Friday, May 4, 2012

On Living

"My motto in life is to "Die empty!" I aim to give the graveyard nothing but a vacant carcass of a used-up life. I want the words on my tombstone to read "Empty!" Nothing left. No more gas.
I know of one person who died empty - Paul the apostle. "For I am already being poured out as a drink offering," he wrote,"and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith" (2 Tim 4:6-7)
By the time God called Paul home, his fuel gauge had just hit empty. God was about to shake the cup because like the coffee slogan, the apostle was good to the very last drop.
The greatest example of dying empty, of course, is the Lord Jesus Himself. On the cross He was about to shout "It is finished!"
I want to die empty!"
- Wayne Cordeiro, in The Dream Releasers

No comments:

Post a Comment