Friday, May 4, 2012

On Destiny

Today I found out that one of my oldest friends back from about standard 1 or 2 maybe (though we aren't really close at all anymore) has started a band with some of her friends, touring places and making a name for themselves. Though like I said, we don't talk anymore, it still does give me a small sense of pride to see her success and know that I used to know her back when she tied two pigtails to school. I remember what her mum looks like. I remember her considering dreams of being a superstar but deciding at one point that it was too impossible, but now.. wow. :) 


This journey that we all take, different and unique, really just amazes me. People that started off the race with me have all taken separate routes by now, and the earliest close friends I have go back to form 2/3 only. But to look back, and see where they have ended up.. just.. don't you find it incredible too? Everyone's growing up and becoming who they want to be in life.


Pastor Tim Hall said in service that day, that over the next few months there will be such a sense of destiny. It was like a really powerful moment when he said it last week too. And I'm excited. I mean, I think for a few years now I have known what I really want to do with my life, and have it confirmed by prophetic words too. It's a pretty cool feeling, watching it all tie together. But I want more. More of God, more revelations, bigger dreams to dare invade my mind, more challenges to conquer and to tap into more of the power of the Holy Spirit and witness the most amazing of miracles happen. 


I've been reading this book by Wayne Cordreiro called The Dream Releasers, and one of the things he said was that dreams often take the scenic route, and not the highway. Looking back at my own life, I thought about how true that is. How the dreams that I've carried in my pocket for a while now are still tucked away, awaiting a holy release from God when I'm ready. But God is good. With promises coming true already, and a first release in less than two months, I'm really eager to see how my life pans out actually. It's scary as anything, and so exhausting, and every other day a part of me whispers I can't do this anymore..  but one thing I hold on to is this, for this my Father in Heaven promised.


Philippians 1:6 
- "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ"


A part of me has been questioning, what next after this adventure? What next, God? This has been the goal for so long, what will my life head towards next?


And I hear His still voice say..


This is only the beginning.


Love and blessings,
Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment