Tuesday, August 31, 2010

the unforced rhythms of grace

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."
- Matthew 6:24, MSG version

:) yet another reminder to me to NOT WORRY SO MUCH. God has been really faithful to me this year, pulling me through each time i feel i can no longer go on. and as i've got new application forms with me and is so anxious about uni replies, i don't want to worry anymore. He's shown me over and over again that He won't let me go, that His future for me is good, so i just want to surrender fully now. partly cause i can't handle the pressure of worrying anymore, but mostly because i am certain that no matter what happens in the coming weeks, i am sure in a few months or years time, i will be able to look back and say Thank You God, for being faithful, for letting Your plan for me be carried out and not my own. i am certain that He's got a good future for me, and thus, from today onwards, i'm not gonna let myself succumb to pull-out-all-my-hair worries anymore, but instead come to Jesus when i need refreshing and assurance.

:) i just had dim sum with my parents, and i realized how much i missed 'hanging out' with them. it has been an extremely busy few months for me, where there was always something on on my weekend mornings, that i haven't had breakfast with them in ages. and today it felt really nice, reminding me how blessed i am to have my family. and last night, i had a GOOD talk with wensheeee, and also mich, gene, james. and i loved it, i loved how i spent my merdeka eve in the end, talking to people i treasure in my life, who i can be comfortably myself with. haha, only today in the car was i once again reflecting how truly blessed i am in this life, in this year, that God has given me really incredible friends, that God has reminded me what a, though slightly broken, amazingly beautiful family i have. and like my sister told me, relationships are the most valuable things in life, and in that sense, i feel really rich right now. :) and if you're reading this and don't feel the same way, maybe all it takes is remembering, spending time with the people around you again, to realize that you too, are richly blessed. :)

there are times in my life, increasingly too, that i just feel a wave of happiness. as i stand in the moment, time stops(in the words of michliew) and i just savour it. the feeling of knowing that for this moment, life is beautiful, i am blessed, i know who i am, and the people around me are happy. it's the most incredible feeling really. :)

there was a really cool quote in flash forward yesterday, but i can't find it anywhere. it's something about this 'many worlds' theory whereby the alternate choices we have that we didn't make are actually carried out in some alternate world somewhere. er, get what i'm saying? like for every possible versions of our life and the paths we take are happening somewhere, in different worlds. though i don't believe it, i find it extremely interesting. imagine if we got to see how our choices will play out in the future before we make it. if we could have a 'foolproof' life in that sense. that would be cool indeed. but.. it wouldn't be life. i think the beauty of life lies in the fact that there's no turning back, no rewind buttons, and yet always a hope of making things better. it's never too late to be who you want to be when i was younger, :P, i used to compare life to steamboat. hahah funny i know. :S but it's like, the more ingredients you put in, the nicer or well, i guess not-nicer sometimes, the taste. and you can't get back the original taste of the plain soup after putting all the stuff in. the ingredients are kinda like experiences i think. :) but if it ain't nice, add more nice stuff in it, then the soup will be nice! hahah are you confused? i am! :P

PEOPLE I ADMIRE(AND LOVE :D) #3


the four ladies in the back! (that always get scolded for being too noisy.. :P) (not forgetting baby teng, and the rest of the teng family too!)i'm always comfortable here, which means the world to me. thanks for sitting outside ac with me! I STILL HATE AC!


:) my trustee advisor!!!! the best 'kor' in the world. hahahhahaha, thanks for everything! ;P


i don't tell everyone their hair is nice kay! but thanks gramps, for always believing in me! :) 35 yea, don't forget! :)


G8 <3

and most of all..


my family! :) the people that always got my back, even if they don't always show it. :) <3

these are some of the blessings God has given me, packaged in wonderful people! :D i just felt really inclined to post about these few people today somehow. :)

AND 'OTP' IS NOT OFF TO POOP!

counting my blessings,
candice

2 comments:

  1. michliew *likes* this post! lol at the four-ladies-in-the-back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, and will always be off to poop candice :)

    ReplyDelete